Candidate Responses - District C
Two ways to learn more about candidates
#1 Full Questionnaire
Select “Read Full Questionnaire” beneath each candidate’s photo to see the questionnaire they returned.
#2 Comparison of Candidate Responses
Click on individual questions to see a comparison of all the candidates’ answers.
#1 Full Questionnaire
#2 Comparison of Candidates’ Responses
1. Do you think short-term rentals deplete housing stock?
2. Are you concerned about commercial entities buying up local housing stock?
3. Will you support improving affordable housing as a priority in all future development projects and rezoning applications?
4. Will you encourage developers to offer conditions to include some affordable housing or other community benefit as part of rezoning requests?
5. Will you support regulations to ensure that ADUs are NOT used for short-term rentals?
6. Will you support regulations to allow only limited whole house short-term rentals?
7. Will you find a way to require developers to replace affordable housing stock that is lost due to their project?
8. Will you support asking the NC General Assembly to allow cities/towns the ability to use inclusionary zoning?
TRANSPARENCY / DEVELOPER INFLUENCE
1. Will you commit to holding all public meetings in public and not avoid the law by meeting in groups of four or smaller?
3. Will you commit to requiring developers to offer tangible community benefits in exchange for approving rezoning requests?
4. Will you support a formal, city-staffed process of developer/neighborhood meetings for rezoning and development projects?
5. Will you commit to formalizing the role of the Development Services Advisory Commission so that members are publicly appointed and meetings are publicized and open to the public?
1. Will you support re-instating CACs (Citizen Advisory Councils)?
4. Will you solicit input from the CACs in your deliberations, including zoning requests?
5. Will you allow both virtual and in-person comments at Council meetings, based on the speaker's preference and/or need?
6. Will you allow at least 3 minutes per speaker at public comments regardless of the number of speakers?
7. Will you acknowledge concerns presented during Council public comment periods and address during meetings or with public follow-up?
8. Will you support scheduling elections to allow enough time for effective primaries and run-offs to occur?
9. Do you support adding more Council district seats?
1. Will you support enacting policies that will protect and grow Raleigh's tree canopy?
2. Will you support enacting policies that will protect our water supply and quality?
3. Will you support developing stricter requirements for landscape buffers for rezoning and development?
4. Will you exercise the City's influence on the RDU Airport Authority to oppose the Wake Stone Quarry?
NEIGHBORHOOD QUALITY OF LIFE
1. Will you enact and enforce tougher regulations to manage nightlife on Glenwood South, Paula Street, and other troublesome areas?
2. Will you support more technical assistance for neighborhood participation in rezoning and development applications in their areas?
3. Will you support expanding the development of Small Area Plans for more neighborhoods that are at risk of gentrification or extinction?
4. Will you pledge to honor and follow existing Small Area Plans when they impact planning and other decisions?
5. Will you commit to honoring existing NCODs (Neighborhood Conservation Overlay Districts) and HODs (Historic Overlay Districts) and to consider future requests to create NCODs and HODs?
6. Will you support stronger restrictions and enforcement on protesters at abortion clinics?
1. What are your top three spending priorities for Raleigh?
- Affordable housing
- Public transportation
- Increase City employee’s pay especially with Public Safety
- Raises for City workers – firefighters, sanitation workers, emergency communication
- City owned naturally occurring affordable housing. Maintenance for inhabitability.
- Culturally based economic stimulators
2. Name your top three suggestions for cutting the city's spending.
- I don’t think it needs to be cut, as in decreased
- It needs to be allocated differently
- See above priorities
- LED screen
- Civic campus
- Community Engagement bus
3. Do you support spending money to raise compensation for public safety personnel?
4. Will you support more equitable allocation of budget funds across City districts and ensure that projects and services are not concentrated in any one district?