Hi CAC neighbors,
A week from this evening, we will have our monthly Hillsborough-Wade CAC meeting on Tuesday, February 27th at 7:00 PM. We’ve made a reservation for the “Club” meeting room at the Jaycee Park on Wade Avenue.
Because of the City Council vote on Tuesday, February 6th to reinstate official City recognition and support of CACs, our meeting will be an update on Raleigh’s community engagement efforts and a celebration party!
• Socializing with snacks and drinks.
• Update from the 2/21/24 RCAC Board meeting and the recent CAC vote by City Council.
• City Councilor Christina Jones will talk about the current status and future of Raleigh’s community engagement efforts.
• Future infill project on Oberlin Road that Donna Bailey has been in communication about with the development team. (Waiting to hear if they want to present any information.)
• Continue socializing with a celebration cake along with snacks and drinks.
We’ve also invited City Councilors Stormie Forte, Jane Harrison and Jonathan Melton to attend our meeting. Councilor Melton plans to attend. Not sure about Councilor Forte yet. Councilor Harrison would like to join us but she has a conflict, and needs to attend a meeting that evening about the MSD request from the Blue Ridge Corridor Alliance.
See you next Tuesday,
Chair of the Hillsborough-Wade CAC