This May, Black and Unknown Bards present an outdoor, immersive performance of Marita Bonner’s award-winning one-act play, The Purple Flower. Written in 1928, The Purple Flower is a surrealistic allegory for the decades after the end of slavery in America and a prediction for what would come to pass. Reserve tickets for The Purple Flower
The Purple Flower is presented as part of SEEK Raleigh, an experimental public arts program of Raleigh Arts.
- When: Saturday, May 13 at 12:00 p.m.
- Location: The Pecan Grove (located beside the parking lot and basketball court) at Shelley Lake Park, 1400 West Millbrook Rd., Raleigh, NC 27614
- Cost: “Pay What You Wish”
- In the spirit of bringing historical Black literature to as many people as possible, Black and Unknown Bards presents The Purple Flower on a “Pay What You Wish” basis. You choose your ticket price. From $0 to infinity, your presence is WELCOME.
- Tickets: Ticket reservations are encouraged as seating is limited. Walk-ins are welcome. Reserve tickets