Livable Raleigh wants to provide information and links to information that will make it easy to vote in 2022.
Raleigh City Elections
- The Raleigh City Elections were moved to November 2022. This means that the City Elections are not happening during this Primary Election like most other Municipalities in the state of North Carolina.
- The extended delay in Raleigh City Elections was a decision made in secret by Raleigh’s Mayor and City Council. There was no notice given to the public that this decision would be made nor was any input from the public allowed.
- This additional year in office has allowed the Mayor and City Council to serve for an extra year without the public voting for them to have this extra time.
- In addition to extending the date of the election unnecessarily far out, the Mayor and City Council eliminated the Run-off Elections and changed the rules of the election to Plurality Voting, which does not require a majority to win.
- Further changes include all future Raleigh City Elections will be held in November of even years.
Raleigh City Election Candidates
- Candidates for Raleigh’s Mayor and City Council seats will file for office between July 1, 2022 – July 15, 2022.
- Don’t forget to vote for candidates running for Mayor and City Council in Raleigh when you vote in the November 8, 2022 election. However you choose to vote, you will find these candidates listed at the bottom of the November 2022 ballot.
Important 2022 Dates
July 1 – 15: Raleigh City Candidates file to run.
November 8: GENERAL ELECTION DAY, including Raleigh City Council Election.