Table of Contents
- News you can use
- Take Action
- City Calendar
- Covid-19 info
- See Latest Blogs & Index of All Blog Topics in the Sidebar
News You Can Use
- City Manager’s Weekly Report
- MANY MOBILITY COMPANIES ARE OFFERING FREE OR DISCOUNTED RIDES ON ELECTION DAY.
- Early voting October 15 through October 31. Check wait times here
- Request an absentee ballot for the 2020 national election
- Because of the 11/3 election, City Council will be meeting on Wednesday, 11/4, rather than Tuesday, 11/3. Sign up to speak at the November 4 City Council meeting by 5 p.m. Friday, October 30. The web form will appear on this page when the sign up window is open or you may call the Clerk’s office at 919-996-3040. A similar process exists to sign up to speak at Public Hearings. Learn more here.
- The City of Raleigh and the Raleigh Chamber are partnering with the Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond to conduct a small business credit survey. This short survey will ask about your business’s performance, financing choices, and borrowing experiences.
- The meetings listed below appear on the City’s Events Calendar at raleighnc.gov
- Virtual meetings are broadcast live on RTN11, on the City’s website or at the City’s Youtube channel
- To participate in some meetings, you must sign up in advance.
- Check raleighnc.gov for latest calendar updates, agendas, and information on participating in virtual meetings.
Monday, October 26
- 6pm — Friends of Oberlin Village, RSVP to email@example.com
Tuesday, October 27
- 9am — Planning Commission, These meetings are broadcast and available for viewing by the public via the city’s website; the city’s YouTube Channel or Channel RTN-11. Agenda includes
- Text Change: TC-4-20 Infill Setbacks and Height
- Text Change: TC-10-20, Authorization Process for UDO Text Changes and Text Changes to Zoning Conditions
- Rezoning Z-41-20: 7650, 7630 ACC Blvd, approximately 400 feet west of its intersection with Alexander Town Blvd (District E) – DEFER
- Z-42-20 Cameron Street on the north side, located approximately a quarter-mile east of the intersection of Oberlin Road and Cameron Street (District D) – DEFER
- Rezoning Z-43-20 Trailwood Drive, southwest of its intersection with Avent Ferry Road. District D – DEFER
- Rezoning Z-46-20: 6104, 6108, 6112, 6116, 6120, 6124 Creedmoor Rd, approximately 300 feet south of the intersection with Jeffreys Grove School Rd (District A) – DEFER
- Equitable Development around Transit: Comprehensive Plan Amendments – DEFER
- Rezoning Z-20-20: 0 Gorman Street, west of its intersection with Shire Ln (District D)
- Rezoning Z-31-20 Woodlawn Drive, at the northwest and northeast corners of its intersection with Brookvalley Drive (District B)
- Rezoning Z-32-20; Falls of Neuse Road at the northeast corner with Harps Mill Road (District A)
- Rezoning Z-33-20: 7900 Creedmoor Road, approximately 0.4 miles south of its intersection with Strickland Road (District A)
- Rezoning Z-37-20: 7520 Leesville Road, on the west side of Leesville Road, approximately 1,000 feet south of its intersection with Shady Grove Road (District E)
- Comprehensive Plan Amendment CP-4-20 W Morgan Street
- Rezoning Z-21-20 Morgan and Boylan, southeast quadrant of their intersection (District D)
- 9am — Dix Park Leadership Committee, per the City website: Details for joining this meeting are forthcoming
- 1:30pm — Economic Development and Innovation Committee, Agenda will focus on Collaboration With County and State to Promote Business Recruitment and Retention, no details on City website regarding how to join/view
- 4pm — Growth & Natural Resources Committee, Agenda will focus on Natural Resources Protection regarding forestation requirements and maximum impervious surface limitations, no details on City website regarding how to join/view
- 4:30pm — Public Art & Design Board, Zoom. Agenda includes
- Poole Road Concept Design
- LETC Concept Design Proposal
- Biltmore Park Public Art – Artist Request
- Marsh Trawick Semi-finalists
- Creative Floodplain Installation Semi-finalists
- Mentorship Program Artist Selection Panel
- Public Art Plan Advisory Group
- Civic Campus
- 6:30pm — Dix Edge Listening Session, Zoom
- 7pm — Hillsborough-Wade CAC, Zoom, agenda includes
Presentation on Latta Park by Emma Liles, City of Raleigh Parks Department
Presentation on rezoning of the Bellwood Condos, Z-42-20
Wednesday, October 28
- 2:30pm — Greenway Master Plan Update Steering Committee, no details on City website regarding agenda or how to join/view
- 5:30pm — Historical Resources and Museums Advisory Board, no details on City website regarding agenda or how to join/view
- 7pm — Police Advisory Board, Zoom!
Thursday, October 29
- 12n — Dix Edge Listening Session, Zoom
- 3pm — Transportation & Transit Committee, no details on City website regarding how to join/view, agenda includes
- Transportation Projects – Design to Construction Process
- Parking for Downtown Business Owners
- 4pm — Planning Commission Committee of the Whole, Watch the live stream online. Agenda not yet available, but expected to include Downtown South Project
Friday, October 30
- 5pm — deadline to sign up to speak at public hearings or public comment period of November 4 City Council meeting (note Council will meet on Wednesday, November 4, as Tuesday, November 3, is election day.
- Early voting ends October 31!
Please stay safe and follow official government guidelines during this public health crisis.
Your best sources of reliable information during the COVID-19 public health crisis are official government websites.