Table of Contents
- News you can use
- Take Action
- City Calendar
- Covid-19 info
- See Latest Blogs & Index of All Blog Topics in the Sidebar
News You Can Use
- Marchell Adams-David named new City Manager
- Leaf Collection begins November 9. More Information and Schedule.
- The design process has started on the Six Forks Road Improvement Project
- City Manager’s Weekly Report
- 5pm Friday, November 13, is the deadline to sign up to speak at the 1pm public hearings or public comment period of the November 17 City Council meeting
- Wake BRT Virtual Open House from November 2 — 30.
- The meetings listed below appear on the City’s Events Calendar at raleighnc.gov
- Virtual meetings are broadcast live on RTN11, on the City’s website or at the City’s Youtube channel
- To participate in some meetings, you must sign up in advance.
- Check raleighnc.gov for latest calendar updates, agendas, and information on participating in virtual meetings.
Monday, November 9
- 1pm — Board of Adjustment, watch via City of Raleigh website streaming, City of Raleigh YouTube channel; or Channel RTN-11, agenda includes
- BOA-0053-2020: 4000 Sumner Blvd
- BOA-0058-2020: 815 Capital Blvd and 2920 Glenridge Dr.
- A-28-20: 8080 Arco Corporate Dr.
- BOA-0054-2020: 1202 S. Bloodworth Street
- BOA-0055-2020: 7224 Madeira Court
- 4pm — Greenway and Urban Trees Committee
- 7pm — Southwest Raleigh Community Engagement via Zoom and also broadcast on Facebook, agenda includes
- Police report
- Inspections Report
- Carolina Pines Art
- Dorothea Dix Plans and Project Update
- Community Comments on Downtwon South
- Council Update from District D Councilor Stormie Forte
- Open Comments and Questions
Tuesday, November 10
- 9am — Planning Commission, watch via City of Raleigh website streaming, City of Raleigh YouTube channel; or Channel RTN-11, Agenda includes
- Rezoning Z-45-20 Buffaloe and New Hope, located in the southeast quadrant of the titular streets (District B) – Defer
- Text Change: TC-14-20 Community Gardens with On-Site Sales – Refer to Text Change Committee
- Rezoning Z-4-20; 1701 Trailwood Drive located about a mile northeast of the intersection of I-40 and Gorman Street (District D)
- Rezoning Z-21-20 Morgan and Boylan, southeast quadrant of their intersection (District D)
- Rezoning Z-31-20 Woodlawn Drive, at the northwest and northeast corners of its intersection with Brookvalley Drive (District B)
- Rezoning Z-26-20: 1100 Corporate Center Drive, approximately 0.5 miles west of the intersection of Trinity Road and Edwards Mill Road (District D)
- Rezoning Z-35-20 Wade Avenue, south side between its intersections with Gardner Street and Canterbury Road (District D)
- Rezoning Z-36-20: 2201 Edwards Mill Road, approximately 0.4 miles northeast of the Edwards Mill Road/I-40 West/Wade Avenue interchange. (District D)
- Rezoning Z-38-20: 309 & 311 N Tarboro Street approximately a quarter mile north of its intersection with New Bern Avenue (District C)
- Rezoning Z-41-20: 7650, 7630 ACC Blvd, approximately 400 feet west of its intersection with Alexander Town Blvd (District E)
- Z-42-20 Cameron Street on the north side, located approximately a quarter-mile east of the intersection of Oberlin Road and Cameron Street (District D)
- 12n — Raleigh Convention and Performing Arts Centers Authority Meeting, for information on public participation, contact Ashley Pekrul at 919-996-8504.
- 4pm — City Council Work Session, watch via City of Raleigh website streaming, City of Raleigh YouTube channel; or Channel RTN-11, agenda includes
- Raleigh Police Department – Report from External Consultants
- Stormwater Program Vision and Update
- 4pm — Arts Commission Executive Committee, more info
- 7pm — Five Points CAC via Zoom, agenda includes
- Introductions by new co-chairs Edie Jeffreys and Lucy Laffittee
- Police Report
- Z-13-20 (Downtown South)
- Discussion of Current Development Activity in the Five Points Area
- Z-22-20 — Whitaker Mill Road and Wake Forest Road intersection East End Market PD
- ASR-0009-2020 — Fifth Third Bank at Five Points/1641 Glenwood Avenue
- ASR-0039-2020 — Oaks at Mayview Welcome Center, 513 E. Whitaker Mill Road
- ASR-0063-2020 — 1428 Gavin Street
- SR-22-19 — Bowstring Bar
- AAD-19-20 — Raleigh Iron Works
- Possible guest speaker
- What’s in a Name?
- Future meeting schedule
Wednesday, November 11 — VETERAN’S DAY HOLIDAY — CITY OFFICES CLOSED
- 4pm — BPAC Community Outreach Committee, to participate contact Mary Persson at Mary.Persson@raleighnc.gov
Thursday, November 12
- 1pm — BPAC Policy Committee, to participate, contact Barbara Godwin at Barbara.Godwin@raleighnc.gov
- 3:30pm — Raleigh Transit Authority, watch via City of Raleigh website streaming, City of Raleigh YouTube channel; or Channel RTN-11
- 4pm — Planning Commission Transportation Committee, more info
- 6pm — Human Relations Commission, watch via Zoom
- 6pm — Parks Committee, more info
- 7pm — Connect Raleigh: Using Geography to Map Data, Watch Live
Please stay safe and follow official government guidelines during this public health crisis.
Your best sources of reliable information during the COVID-19 public health crisis are official government websites.