Table of Contents
- News you can use
- Take Action
- City Calendar
- Covid-19 info
- See Latest Blogs & Index of All Blog Topics in the Sidebar
News You Can Use
The City of Raleigh Community Enhancement Grant Request for Proposals (RFP) for the program year beginning July 1, 2021 is now available on the City’s website. Only applications from nonprofits with 501(c)(3) designation from the federal Internal Review Service (IRS) will be reviewed.
Applications are due Friday, January 8, 2021. Interested applicants must attend one of two mandatory virtual Pre-proposal Workshops to be held online December 2, 2020 and December 4, 2020. If you have questions, or to obtain a copy of the application form, budget form, or score card, please contact John Niffenegger in the Housing and Neighborhoods Department. He may also be reached at 919-996-6961.
- City Manager’s Weekly Report
- Comment by November 23 on two text changes at the Text Change Engagement Portal,
Community Gardens with On-Site Sales (TC-14-20)
Campus District (TC-15-20)
- Wake BRT Virtual Open House from November 2 — 30.
- The meetings listed below appear on the City’s Events Calendar at raleighnc.gov
- Virtual meetings are broadcast live on RTN11, on the City’s website or at the City’s Youtube channel
- To participate in some meetings, you must sign up in advance.
- Check raleighnc.gov for latest calendar updates, agendas, and information on participating in virtual meetings.
Saturday, November 21
- 1pm — Hispanic and Immigrant Affairs Board, join the meeting on Zoom or via phone at 1-646-558-8656 with the Webinar ID 846 6315 7599
Monday, November 23
- 6pm — Friends of Oberlin Village, RSVP to email@example.com
- 7pm — Wake County Housing Justice Coalition on Downtown South, register: https://us02web.zoom.us/…/reg…/WN_B7IzUdHUQwqfqcssdRP5Rg
Tuesday, November 24
- 9am — Planning Commission, these meetings are broadcast and available for viewing by the public via the following methods: the city’s website; the city’s YouTube Channel or Channel RTN-11. Sign-Up Form Agenda includes
- Committee of the Whole Report of November 19, 2020
- Text Change Committee Report: TC-8-20 – Short Term Rental
- Rezoning Z-34-20 8601 & 8705 Louisburg Road, at the northeast corner of its intersection with Forestville Road (District B) – Defer
- Rezoning Z-50-20 Pleasant Grove Church Road, 150′ east of Wooden Shoe Lane (District E) – Defer
- Rezoning Z-35-20 Wade Avenue, south side between its intersections with Gardner Street and Canterbury Road (District D)
- Z-42-20 Cameron Street on the north side, located approximately a quarter-mile east of the intersection of Oberlin Road and Cameron Street (District D)
- Rezoning Z-29-20: W. South Street, On the western side of S. Dawson Street, between W. South Street and W. Lenoir Street (District C)
- Z-40-20 1912 Hillsborough Street & 2 Pullen Road, being Wake County PINs 1704012296 & 1704013463
- Rezoning Z-43-20 Trailwood Drive, southwest of its intersection with Avent Ferry Road. District D
- Rezoning Z-45-20 Buffaloe and New Hope, located in the southeast quadrant of the titular streets (District B)
- Rezoning Z-46-20: 6104, 6108, 6112, 6116, 6120, 6124 Creedmoor Rd, approximately 300 feet south of the intersection with Jeffreys Grove School Rd
- Text Change: TC-15-20 – Campus District
- 9am — Dix Park Leadership Committee, Join by Zoom, Join by Phone: 301-715-8592, Webinar ID: 984 8352 7416
- 11:30am — Safe, Vibrant, & Healthy Community Committee, these meetings are broadcast and available for viewing by the public via the following methods: the city’s website; the city’s YouTube Channel or Channel RTN-11., Agenda includes Outdoor seating in NX
- 3pm — Transportation & Transit Committee, agenda includes parking for downtown business owners, *NOTE: The upcoming meeting for this committee will be held via WebEx Events. In order to address the committee regarding the topics on the agenda, registration to the meeting is required. Registration will close 2 hours prior to the meeting.
- 4pm — Planning Commission Committee of the Whole, These meetings are broadcast and available for viewing by the public. To participate or attend an upcoming Committee Meeting please visit the Planning Commission page.
- 4:30pm — Public Art & Design Board, via Zoom or via phone at 1-646-558-8656, Webinar ID: 980 3271 2119
- 7:30pm — OneWake Internal Assembly, including Downtown South and Affordable Housing, Please register in advance here
Thursday, November 26 — Thanksgiving Holidays
Friday, November 27 — Thanksgiving Holidays
- Sign up by 5pm to speak at December 1 Council meeting — last regularly scheduled meeting of 2020
Please stay safe and follow official government guidelines during this public health crisis.
Your best sources of reliable information during the COVID-19 public health crisis are official government websites.