Table of Contents
- News you can use
- Take Action
- City Calendar
- Covid-19 info
- See Latest Blogs & Index of All Blog Topics in the Sidebar
News You Can Use
- Leaf Collection begins November 9. More Information and Schedule.
- The design process has started on the Six Forks Road Improvement Project
- City Manager’s Weekly Report
- MANY MOBILITY COMPANIES ARE OFFERING FREE OR DISCOUNTED RIDES ON ELECTION DAY.
- 5pm Friday, October 30 is the deadline to sign up to speak at public hearings or public comment period of November 4 City Council meeting (note Council will meet on Wednesday, November 4, as Tuesday, November 3, is election day.
- Early voting ends at 3pm Saturday, October 31.
- Vote on Tuesday, November 3 — polls are open 6:30am — 7:30pm
- The meetings listed below appear on the City’s Events Calendar at raleighnc.gov
- Virtual meetings are broadcast live on RTN11, on the City’s website or at the City’s Youtube channel
- To participate in some meetings, you must sign up in advance.
- Check raleighnc.gov for latest calendar updates, agendas, and information on participating in virtual meetings.
Monday, November 2
- 5pm — City Council special meeting, It will air on the RTN streaming page and YouTube. — Council will convene and move into closed session to continue discussion of the City Manager vacancy.
Tuesday, November 3
- 6:30am — 7:30pm — Vote
- 11am — Raleigh Transit Authority Route Committee. Viewing details and agenda coming soon.
- 4pm — RHDC Community Awareness Committee, Click here to listen to the meeting. The password is rhdc.
Wednesday, November 4
- 7:45am — RHDC Research Committee, Click here to listen to the meeting. The password is rhdc.
- 1pm — City Council Afternoon Session, Watch Council Meeting Live Stream, Find links to agendas, minutes, and contact information on our City Council page. Agenda highlights include
- Rezoning Z-37-20: 7520 Leesville Road, on the west side of Leesville Road, approximately 1,000 feet south of its intersection with Shady Grove Road (District E) – 12/1 public hearing date recommended
- Rezoning Z-20-20: 0 Gorman Street, west of its intersection with Shire Ln (District D) – 12/1 public hearing date recommended
- Rezoning Z-32-20; Falls of Neuse Road at the northeast corner with Harps Mill Road (District A) – defer to allow submission of revised zoning conditions
- Comprehensive Plan Amendments CP-2-20 Midtown – 12/1 public hearing date recommended
- Rezoning Z-33-20: 7900 Creedmoor Road, approximately 0.4 miles south of its intersection with Strickland Road (District A) – 12/1 public hearing date recommended
- Text Change TC-4-20: Infill Setbacks and Height – 12/1 public hearing date recommended
- Text Change TC-10-20: Authorization Process for UDO Text Changes and Text Changes to Zoning Conditions – 12/1 public hearing date recommended
- Comprehensive Plan Amendment CP-4-20: W Morgan Street – 12/1 public hearing date recommended
- Rezoning Case Z-48-19: 1100 St. Albans Drive, located at the intersection of St. Albans Drive and Wake Forest Road (District A)
- Downtown South Public-Private Partnership – Proposal and Timeline
- Accessory Dwelling Unit Programs and Regulatory Tools
- Upper Neuse River Basin Association – Falls Lake Rules – Interim Alternative Implementation Approach
- Blue Ridge Bicycle and Pedestrian Improvements Project
- All Faiths Chapel at Dix Park – Facility Naming
- Annual Report – Downtown Municipal Service District
- Annual Report – Hillsborough Street Municipal Service District
- Collaboration with County and State to Promote Business Recruitment, Retention & Inclusion
- Mission, Goals and Projects of Local Economic Development Partners
- Unified Development Ordinance Chapter 9 (Natural Resource Protection) – Possible Changes
- Transportation Projects – Design to Construction Process
- 3:30pm — Raleigh Transit Authority Finance and Policy Committee, Viewing details and agenda coming soon.
- 7pm — City Council Evening Session, Watch Council Meeting Live Stream, Find links to agendas, minutes, and contact information on our City Council page. Agenda highlights include
- Public Comment
- Street Closing STC-07-2020: Seaboard Avenue Right of Way(District C)
- Street Closing STC-08-2020: Abel Alley( District C)
- Street Closing STC-09-2020: Director Circle Right of Way(District D)
- Street Closing STC-10-2020: Glenwood Avenue Right-of-Way (District D)
- Petition Annexation – Contiguous Inside ETJ – 8712 Silverthorne Drive (District E)
- Petition annexation- Contiguous- Partially Outside ETJ/ Wake and Durham Counties- 3411 Page Road, 0 World Trade Boulevard (District E)
- Rezoning Z-9-20: 3411 & 3503 Page Road; 10881 & 0 World Trade Boulevard, approximately 0.4 miles southwest of the intersection of Brier Creek Parkway and Aviation Parkway (District E)
- Rezoning Z-14-19/MP-1-19: 1208 South Blount Street, consisting of the block created by Blount, Person, Bragg, and Branch streets (District C)
- Rezoning Z-31-19: 5228 Needham Road, near the intersection of Blue Run Lane and Pine Drive (District C)
- Rezoning Z-14-20: Macon Pond Road, southwest of its intersection with Edwards Mill Road (District D)
- Rezoning Z-19-20: Fox Road, at the northeast and southeast corners of Fox Road and Louisburg Road, approximately 0.7 miles north of New Hope Road (District B)
- Rezoning Z-24-20: 6125 Buffaloe Road, on its north side, one mile west of I-540 (District B)
- Rezoning Z-30-20: 5329 Departure Dr, approximately 500 south of its intersection with Spring Forest Road (District B)
- Text Change TC-11-20: Tenant Notification
- Text Change TC-12-20: Historic Subdivisions
Thursday, November 5
- 7:30am — RHDC Executive Committee, Click here to listen to the meeting. The password is rhdc.
- 11am — Raleigh Transit Authority Marketing Committee, Viewing details and agenda coming soon.
- 3pm — Stormwater Management Advisory Commission, Viewing details and agenda coming soon.
- 3pm — Planning Commission Committee of the Whole, agenda includes continued discussion of Z-13-20, Downtown South project
- 4pm — Art, Education, and Collections Committee
- 4:30pm– Appearance Commission, The meeting will be broadcast live on RTN 11, the city’s website and YouTube channel., agenda includes
- Administrative Alternate Courtesy Review – 112 Fayetteville Street
- Sir Walter Raleigh Awards Committee Report
- Work Plan Discussion – High Impact/High Visibility Development
- 6pm — John Chavis Memorial Park Cultural Heritage Interpretive Plan Public Meeting, Join via Zoom
Please stay safe and follow official government guidelines during this public health crisis.
Your best sources of reliable information during the COVID-19 public health crisis are official government websites.