Table of Contents
- News you can use
- Take Action
- City Calendar
- Covid-19 info
- See Latest Blogs & Index of All Blog Topics in the Sidebar
News You Can Use
- In early December 2020, the City of Raleigh will be upgrading the software that staff uses to manage the Permit and Development Portal.
- City Manager’s Weekly Report
- Comment by November 23 on two text changes at the Text Change Engagement Portal,
Community Gardens with On-Site Sales (TC-14-20)
Campus District (TC-15-20)
- Wake BRT Virtual Open House from November 2 — 30.
- The meetings listed below appear on the City’s Events Calendar at raleighnc.gov
- Virtual meetings are broadcast live on RTN11, on the City’s website or at the City’s Youtube channel
- To participate in some meetings, you must sign up in advance.
- Check raleighnc.gov for latest calendar updates, agendas, and information on participating in virtual meetings.
Monday, November 16
- 1:30pm — Equitable Development Around Transit (EDAT) — Ask-A-Planner, Join
- 5pm — Bicycle Planning Committee, to participate, Agenda includes East Coast Greenway Updates, please contact Paul Black at Paul.Black@raleighnc.gov
- 5pm — Environmental Advisory Board, More info
- 6pm — Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Commission, view here., agenda includes
- Public Comment
- Hardimont & Milburnie Roads-Bike Lane Implementation
- Blue Ridge Road Bicycle and Pedestrian Project Update – Brian Roth-Roffy
- Six Forks Road Improvement Project Update – Chad Cantrell
- Shared Streets Program Update – Paul Black
- 6pm — Dix Park Community Committee, More info
Tuesday, November 17
- 7:45am — Raleigh Historic Development Commission, view via YouTube Channel or Channel RTN-11. Agenda includes
- Subdivisions – UDO Change
- Subdivision – 801 N Bloodworth Street – Oakwood
- Rezoning Case: 501, 507, 511, and 513 S Bloodworth Street; Z-48-20; East Raleigh-South Park National Register Historic District
- Historic Landmark Designation Application – Hillcrest Cemetery
- Historic Landmark Designation Application – McAdams House
- 11:30am — City Council Work Session, Watch Council Meeting Live Stream Agenda includes Unified Development Ordinance (UDO) Work Plan Update
- 1pm — City Council Afternoon Session, Watch Council Meeting Live Stream Agenda includes
- Planning Commission Report
- Rezoning Z-4-20; 1701 Trailwood Drive located about a mile northeast of the intersection of I-40 and Gorman Street (District D)
- Rezoning Z-26-20: 1100 Corporate Center Drive, approximately 0.5 miles west of the intersection of Trinity Road and Edwards Mill Road (District D)
- Rezoning Z-36-20: 2201 Edwards Mill Road, approximately 0.4 miles northeast of the Edwards Mill Road/I-40 West/Wade Avenue interchange. (District D)
- Rezoning Z-38-20: 309 & 311 N Tarboro Street approximately a quarter mile north of its intersection with New Bern Avenue (District C)
- Rezoning Z-41-20: 7650, 7630 ACC Blvd, approximately 400 feet west of its intersection with Alexander Town Blvd (District E)
- Rezoning Z-32-20: Falls of Neuse Road at the northeast corner with Harps Mill Road (District A)
- Fairview Road Traffic Calming
- Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR) Report
- FY2020-21 Budget and Finance Outlook
- COVID 19 Update
- Public Nuisance Abatement – Property Liens
- Rezoning Z-31-19: 5228 Needham Road, near the intersection of Blue Run Lane and Pine Drive (District C)
- Rezoning Z-24-20: 6125 Buffaloe Road, on its north side, one mile west of I-540 (District B)
- Rezoning Z-33-20: 7900 Creedmoor Road, approximately 0.4 miles south of its intersection with Strickland Road (District A)
- 4pm — Planning Commission Text Change Committee, more info Agenda includes
- Short-term rentals (TC-8-20)
- Community Gardens with On-Site Sales (TC-14-20)
- 5:30pm — Arts Commission, join via Zoom or via phone at 1-646-558-8656, Webinar ID: 963 1912 1383
- 6:30pm — Dix Edge Visioning Session, In English via this zoom link.
Wednesday, November 18
- 9:30am — Equitable Development Around Transit (EDAT) — Ask-A-Planner, Join
- 10am — GIS Day 2020 Event, Register Now
- 7pm — Police Advisory Board, on Zoom or via phone at 1-301-715-8592 with Webinar ID# 875 3865 5815
- 7pm — Sierra Club — Umstead Coalition Update on Wake Stone Quarry, Register
Thursday, November 19
- 9am — Planning Commission Strategic Planning Committee
- 12n — Mayor’s Committee for Services to Persons with Disabilities, on Zoom or via phone at 1-312-626-6799 with the Webinar ID 816 6667 5992
- 4pm — Planning Commission Committee of the Whole, Watch Live.
- After Planning Commission Committee of the Whole — Special Planning Commission Meeting on Z-13-20, Downtown South, Watch Live, Sign-up to Speak: Form
- 4:30pm — Appearance Commission, public meetings are broadcast and available for viewing by the public via the following methods: the city’s website; the city’s YouTube Channel or Channel RTN-11. The Appearance Commission public meetings can also be listened to by telephone. For instructions on how to listen by phone, please contact Lee Stevens at (919) 996-4629 or email@example.com. Agenda includes
- AAD-23-20 – Summit at Sawyer
- AAD-24-20 – Toulon Place
- AAD-25-20 – 121 Fayetteville Street
- 200 W Hargett Street
- 6pm — Parks, Recreation, and Greenway Advisory Board, Join on Zoom. The public can also call in via phone at the number 1-312-626-6799 with the Webinar ID 913 6998 4049.
- 6:30pm — Dix Edge Visioning Session, En Español via this zoom link.
- 7pm — Renters Town Hall, Join us on Zoom.
Friday, November 20
- 12n — Dix Edge Visioning Session, In English via this zoom link.
Saturday, November 21
- 1pm — Hispanic and Immigrant Affairs Board, join the meeting on Zoom or via phone at 1-646-558-8656 with the Webinar ID 846 6315 7599
Please stay safe and follow official government guidelines during this public health crisis.
Your best sources of reliable information during the COVID-19 public health crisis are official government websites.