Table of Contents
- Take Action
- City Calendar
- News You Can Use
- Covid-19 info
See Latest Blogs & Index of All Blog Topics in the Sidebar or Below
The meetings listed below appear on the City’s Events Calendar at raleighnc.gov.
To participate in some meetings, you must sign up in advance. Check raleighnc.gov for latest calendar updates, agendas, and information on participating in virtual meetings.
Monday, January 18 – Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday
Tuesday, January 19
7:45am — Raleigh Historic Development Commission
- Rezoning Case: 314 Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard; Z-70-20; East Raleigh-South Park National Register Historic District
- Rezoning Case: 2812 Hillsborough St, 6, 8 and 10 Bagwell Ave; Z-68-20; West Raleigh National Register Historic District
- Historic Landmark Designation Name Change Request – Dr. Hubert Benbury Haywood House
- Historic Landmark Designation Removal Application – Josephus Daniels House (Wakestone)
1pm — City Council Afternoon Session
- Rezoning Z-28-20: Glenwood Avenue, the western portion of the block bounded by Glenwood Avenue, Tucker Street, North Street, and West Street (District D) – recommend 2/2 public hearing
- Rezoning Z-43-20: Trailwood Drive, southwest of its intersection with Avent Ferry Road (District D) –recommend 3/11 public hearing
- Rezoning Z-45-20: Buffaloe and New Hope, located in the southeast quadrant of the titular streets (District B) – recommend 2/2 public hearing
- Rezoning Z-46-20: 6104, 6108, 6112, 6116, 6120, 6124 Creedmoor Rd, approximately 300 feet south of the intersection with Jeffreys Grove School Rd (District A) – recommend 3/11 public hearing
- Text Change TC-8-20: Short-Term Rentals
- Rezoning Z-21-20: Morgan and Boylan, southeast quadrant of their intersection (District D)
- Rezoning Z-35-20: Wade Avenue, south side between its intersections with Gardner Street and Canterbury Road (District D)
- Rezoning Z-40-20: 1912 Hillsborough Street, approximately 2 miles east of the intersection of Hillsborough Street and I-440. (District D)
- Parks, Recreation and Cultural Resources Bond Referendum Discussion
- Brentwood Road Traffic Calming
- Raleigh Arts Commission Annual Work Plan
- Public Art and Design Board Annual Work Plan
- Public Nuisance Abatement – Property Liens
- Annexation Petition – Contiguous – Inside ETJ – 951, 1001 Corporate Center Drive (District D)
- Annexation Petition – Contiguous – Inside ETJ – 3737, 3851 Louisbury Road (District B)
- Annexation Petition- Contiguous Inside ETJ – 4022 Ebenezer Church Road (District D)
4pm — Planning Commission Text Change Committee
To participate email Justin.Rametta@raleighnc.gov.
- TC-14-20 — Community Gardens with on-site sales
- TC-16-20 — Floodplain Regulations
5:30pm — COVID-19 Memorial
The City of Raleigh will illuminate several buildings in amber. Residents are invited to join from home by lighting candles or putting a small light in a window, and taking time to pray, meditate, or reflect.
6:30pm — Dix Park Plaza & Play Public Meeting #2 Register
Wednesday, January 20
7pm — Raleigh Citizen Advisory Council (RCAC) – Zoom
Thursday, January 21
6pm — Parks, Recreation, and Greenway Advisory Board Zoom
Agenda includes Neuse River Blueway Plan
8pm — Preserving the Past: A Virtual Discussion with Joe McGill of the Slave Dwelling Project Register
Please stay safe and follow official government guidelines during this public health crisis.
Your best sources of reliable information during the COVID-19 public health crisis are official government websites.