Table of Contents
- News you can use
- Take Action
- City Calendar
- Covid-19 info
- See Latest Blogs & Index of All Blog Topics in the Sidebar
News You Can Use
- City Manager’s Weekly Report
- The City’s Human Relations Commission is now accepting applications. Learn more and apply here.
- All City Council meetings, committee meetings, and board and commission meetings will be virtual through the end of 2020. All meetings are broadcast and available for viewing by the public via the following methods: the city’s website; the city’s YouTube Channel or Channel RTN-11.
- Beginning August 25, the Yard Waste Center at 900 N. New Hope Road won’t accept yard waste from residents or contractors. The Center will also temporarily stop selling compost, mulch, and other materials. The City will continue biweekly curbside yard waste pickup.
- Sign up to speak at the September 1st City Council meeting by 5 p.m. Friday, August 28. The web form will appear on this page when the sign up window is open or you may call the Clerk’s office at 919-996-3040. A similar process exists to sign up to speak at Public Hearings. Learn more here.
- The current proposed text change open for comment at the Text Change Engagement Portal is Infill Setback and Building Height (TC-4-20) This text change will repeal and replace the current methods in the Unified Development Ordinance (UDO) for calculating how building height is measured, how the primary street setback is determined for infill development, and change the maximum side wall plane height for infill development. View the Infill Setback and Building Height (TC-4-20)
- Take the Equitable Development Around Transit Survey by September 1.
- Take the Triangle Bikeway Study
- Comment on GoRaleigh Program Management Plan by September 10.
- Wake Transit planners want your input through August 31.
- Complete the 2020 Census form
- Request an absentee ballot for the 2020 national election
- The meetings listed below appear on the City’s Events Calendar at raleighnc.gov
- Virtual meetings are broadcast live on RTN11, on the City’s website or at the City’s Youtube channel
- To participate in some meetings, you must sign up in advance.
- Check raleighnc.gov for latest calendar updates, agendas, and information on participating in virtual meetings.
Monday, August 31
- 6pm — Dix Park Community Committee — Join by Zoom; Join by Phone: 1-312-626-6799 ; Webinar ID: 913 5510 8379
Tuesday, September 1
- 12n — Carolina Pines Avenue Public Art Community Meeting, Register
- 1pm — City Council afternoon session, agenda includes
- Rezoning Z-7-20: 1200, 1204 E Millbrook Rd, approximately 500 feet west of its intersection with Falls of Neuse Rd (District A) – October 6 hearing date recommended
- Rezoning Z-11-20: 5416 Chapel Hill Rd, 103 Gary St on the north side of Chapel Hill Road approximately 500 feet from its intersection with Hillsborough Street (District D) – October 6 hearing date recommended
- Rezoning Z-12-20: Prince Drive. Located on the west side of Prince Dr, approximately 0.35 miles from the intersection of Tryon Rd and Jones Franklin Rd. (District D) – October 6 hearing date recommended
- Affordable Housing Bond Follow-Up Report
- City Employee Volunteers – Election Day 2020
- City Manager Vacancy – Recruitment and Search Process
- Affordable Housing Location Policy – Request for Waiver – The Sussex (North Rogers Lane)
- Neuse River Resource Recovery Facility Bioenergy Recovery Project – Guaranteed Maximum Price – Contract Amendment No. 3 – Crowder Construction Company
- Raleigh Water Utility Payments Update
- Strategic Plan Review – Arts & Cultural Resources/Economic Development & Innovation Key Focus Areas
- Strategic Plan Review – Safe, Vibrant & Healthy Community Key Focus Area
- Strategic Plan Review – Transportation and Transit Key Focus Areas
- 7pm — City Council Evening session, agenda includes
- Public Comment
- Annexation Agreement with Town of Cary
- Annexation Petition — Contiguous- Inside ETJ- 6501 Buffaloe Road (District B)
- Rezoning Z-17-19: Capital Boulevard, southeast of its intersection with Peace Street (District C)
- Rezoning Z-47-19. Located on the east side of Duraleigh Road on the south side of where it crosses the Crabtree Creek (District E)
- Rezoning Z-50-19: 913 Method Road, approximately 700 feet north of its intersection with Western Boulevard (District D)
- Rezoning Z-51-19: 3700 & 3800 Glenwood Avenue and 3710 Exchange Glenwood Place; Multiple parcels fronting Glenwood Avenue on the west, and Exchange Glenwood Place on the west (District E)
- Rezoning Z-53-19: 5512 & 5514 Thornton Road. On its south side, one quarter mile east of Wild Wood Forest Drive (District B)
- Rezoning Z-8-20: 510 Carolina Avenue, approximately 300 feet south of the intersection of Carolina Avenue and Western Boulevard (District D)
- Text Change Zoning Conditions TCZ-1-20: Crabtree Village
- Text Change TC-7-20: Mezzanines
- 542 E Jones St. – Preliminary Subdivision (SUB-0054-2019)
Wednesday, September 2
- 7:45am — RHDC Research Committee
Thursday, September 3
- 11am — Raleigh Transit Authority Marketing Committee, View live here
- 1:30pm — Ad Hoc Downtown Mobility Committee, Participate
- 3pm — Stormwater Management Advisory Commission
- 4pm — Art, Education, and Collections Committee
- 4:30pm — Appearance Commission, agenda includes
- AAD-17-20 – 630 Hillsborough Street
- Blue Ridge Road Bicycle and Pedestrian Improvements Project
- Sir Walter Raleigh Awards
- 2020 Work Plan Discussion
- 6pm — Parks Committee
- 7pm — “Ballots are in the mail. What next?” — Livable Raleigh Zoom meeting on Voting, Register
Please stay safe and follow official government guidelines during this public health crisis.
Your best sources of reliable information during the COVID-19 public health crisis are official government websites.