Table of Contents
- News you can use
- Take Action
- City Calendar
- Covid-19 info
- See Latest Blogs & Index of All Blog Topics in the Sidebar
News You Can Use
- City Manager’s Weekly Report
- Stormwater Fee Rate Change Effective September 1 — read more here
- Bike Lanes Explained — read more here
- GoTriangle transit service improvements originally scheduled to begin in August have been postponed until October. Read more here.
- Persons wishing to speak during Public Comments at City Council meetings must sign up in advance no later than 5 p.m. on the Friday prior to the meeting (even though the agenda is not usually available until the Thursday prior to the meeting). The web form will appear on this page when the sign up window is open or you may call the Clerk’s office at 919-996-3040. A similar process exists to sign up to speak at Public Hearings. Learn more here.
- Capital Area Metropolitan Planning Organization (CAMPO) is seeking public feedback on proposed goals and objectives for the 2050 Metropolitan Transportation Plan (MTP). Complete the online survey in English or Spanish.
- The meetings listed below appear on the City’s Events Calendar at raleighnc.gov
- Virtual meetings are broadcast live on RTN11, on the City’s website or at the City’s Youtube channel
- To participate in some meetings, you must sign up in advance.
- Check raleighnc.gov for latest calendar updates, agendas, and information on participating in virtual meetings.
Monday, August 10
- 1pm — Board of Adjustment, Virtual, agenda includes
- BOA-0026-2020: 107 E Aycock St
- BOA-0049-2020: 7070 Leesville Rd
- BOA-0017-2020: 8100 Bellingham Circle
- BOA-0027-2020: 1205 Martin Luther King, Jr. Boulevard
- BOA-0030-2020: 2101 & 2051 Century Drive
- BOA-0046-2020: 1217, 1205 &1201 Sawyer Road, 1200, 1204, 1208, 1212, 1216, 1220, 1224, 1228, 1232, 1236, 1240, 1244, 1248, 1221, 1213, 1209, 1205 & 1201 Angelus Rd.
- A-16-20: 0 S. New Hope Rd., 2221 S. New Hope Rd., 2231 S. New Hope Rd., 4901 Rock Quarry Rd., and 5125 Rock Quarry Rd.
- 4pm — Greenway and Urban Trees Committee
- 7pm — Southwest Raleigh Community Engagement/Raleigh West CAC meeting, Virtual, Join via Zoom with Meeting ID: 842 0584 2792 and Passcode: SWRCE1 or dial 929 205 6099 with Meeting ID: 842 0584 2792 and Passcode: 038992, agenda includes
- Welcome District D Councilor Stormie Forte and discuss suggested topics including Downtown South Project, Renaissance Park (Tract B), Ear’s Seafood — Tower, Dix Park Project, Sidewalks & Crosswalk at Goode Street at Dix Park, Budget Revisions, Notifying Residents/Renters, Studies of Lake Wheeler Road, Avent Ferry Road, and Bus Rapid Transit
- Carolina Pines Avenue Public Art
Tuesday, August 11
- 9am — Planning Commission, Virtual, agenda includes
- Rezoning Z-48-19 1100 St. Albans Drive located at the intersection of St. Albans Drive and Wake Forest Road (District A) – Defer
- Text Change: TC-4-20 Infill Setbacks and Height – Refer to August 18 Text Change Committee meeting
- TC-6-20: Neighborhood Transition Requirements and Senior Housing – Refer to August 18 Text Change Committee meeting
- Rezoning Z-8-20: 510 Carolina Avenue, approximately 300 feet south of the intersection of Carolina Avenue and Western Boulevard (District D)
- Rezoning Z-17-19 Capital Blvd, southeast of its intersection with Peace Street (District C)
- Rezoning Z-31-19 – 5228 Needham Road, near the intersection of Blue Run Lane and Pine Drive at Buffaloe Road (District B)
- Rezoning Z-50-19: 913 Method Road, approximately 700 feet north of its intersection with Western Boulevard (District D)
- Rezoning Z-4-20; 1701 Trailwood Drive located about a mile northeast of the intersection of I-40 and Gorman Street (District D)
- Rezoning Z-7-20: 1200, 1204 E Millbrook Rd, approximately 500 feet west of its intersection with Falls of Neuse Rd (District A)
- Text Change Zoning Conditions: TCZ-1-20/Crabtree Village
- 12n — Raleigh Convention and Performing Arts Center Authority Meeting
- 4pm — Arts Commission Executive Committee
Wednesday, August 12
- 12n — Substance Use Advisory Commission — Virtual, join via Zoom or via phone at 1-646-558-8656 with the Webinar ID 829 8484 0906
- 12n — Barwell Road Public Art Community Meeting — Virtual, Register here
Thursday, August 13
- 1pm — Pedestrian Planning Committee
- 3:30pm — Raleigh Transit Authority — Virtual
- 4pm — Planning Commission Transportation Committee
- 5pm — Environmental Advisory Board
- 6pm — Human Relations Commission, join via Zoom or via phone at 1-301-715-8592 with the Webinar ID 842 7921 7143
- 6pm — BPAC Community Outreach Committee, to participate contact Mary.Persson@raleighnc.gov
Friday, August 14
- 5pm — Deadline to sign up to speak during August 18 City Council meeting.
Please stay safe and follow official government guidelines during this public health crisis.
Your best sources of reliable information during the COVID-19 public health crisis are official government websites.