- This event has passed.
Midtown Citizens Advisory Council Meeting
May 23 @ 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Midtown Citizens Advisory Council Meeting 7 pm Monday May 23, 2022 agenda:
1) 7:00 Call to Order and Welcome to Midtown CAC. Work out any ZOOM connection “bugs”. Introductions.
2) 7:03 Review of minutes of MCAC meeting 4-26-22.
3) 7:05 RPD officers Priest and Tomczak, activity and crime stat report for Midtown.
4) 7:10 Karen Solari, Chairperson of MCAC Nominating Committee: Update on 2022 MCAC nominations for annual election of officers.
5) 7:30 Keegan McDonald, Raleigh Planning Dept: “Zoning Codes for Small Abodes” an update on Raleigh code requirements for “tiny houses”.
6) 8:10 Keegan McDonald, Raleigh Planning Dept: Accessory Commercial Units to be permitted in residential neighborhoods: Text Change TC-12-21 current update
7) 8:50 Old / New Business, Announcements, Remarks
8) 9:00 Adjournment
Christina Jones (our MCAC host) is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
ZOOM meeting link: As always, you can connect to the Zoom link starting at 6:45 pm and we hope you will so that we can work out any kinks in connections and get started on time at 7 pm.
Topic: Midtown CAC Monthly Meeting
Time: May 23, 2022 07:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 882 5787 1238
***** ***** *****
Meeting 4/26/22 Recording:
Please spread the word about MCAC — feel free to forward this email to neighbors and friends in or beyond your neighborhood. If you know of people who don’t yet receive our emails directly but who would like to be on our distribution list, PLEASE encourage them to email me, Patrick Martin, chairperson, firstname.lastname@example.org, to request to be added to our list. Our email distribution is always via BCC only, thus protecting privacy. It is never shared with outside entities. Our emails deal strictly with Midtown CAC matters. No spam.
If you live in the Midtown CAC area, you are automatically a member of the Midtown CAC. There is no requirement to “join” the CAC. Anyone can attend any CAC meetings, citywide. They are all open to the public. (Below find Raleigh CAC map and description of boundaries for Midtown CAC).
Midtown CAC encompasses the area bordered by: From Crabtree Creek waterway at Wake Forest Rd, continuing north on Wake Forest / Falls of Neuse Rd to Spring Forest Rd, continuing west on Spring Forest / Lynn Rd to North Hills Dr, continuing south on North Hills Dr one block to Mine Creek waterway, continuing south through Shelley Lake to W. Millbrook Rd, continuing west on W. Millbrook to Leadmine Rd, continuing south on Leadmine Rd to Glenwood Ave at Crabtree Creek waterway, continuing south on Crabtree Creek waterway to its intersection with Wake Forest Rd.
Our neighboring CACs are Five Points and Glenwood to our southwest, Northwest to our west, North to our north, and Atlantic to our east. See map link:
Midtown outside the beltline is part of City Council district A, and Midtown inside the beltline is part of City Council district E.
Visit our Midtown CAC Facebook page: https://www.facebook.