News of interest
- Here’s a link to COVID-19 information from the City: https://raleighnc.gov/news/covid-19-information
- Many meetings are being cancelled, rescheduled, or moved online, often at the last minute, so please check before you go!
- Link to City Manager’s Weekly Report: https://raleighnc.gov/services/government/city-managers-weekly-report
ACTION ITEMS – What to look for in upcoming meetings – check the calendar, show up, speak up!
- Council has a budget work session on Monday afternoon which includes looking at fees for water, solid waste services, and stormwater. On Tuesday they will hear a report on the feasibility study for the soccer and entertainment stadium.
- ADUs (Accessory Dwelling Units) will be discussed at Tuesday’s Planning Commission Text Change Committee meeting. Advocates for ADUs by right anywhere plan to show up in force. If you favor a different approach, be sure to let Planning Commission and City Council members know.
- The leaders of Raleigh’s CACs (Citizen Advisory Councils) will be meeting on Wednesday night to discuss how to move forward without City support.
- Apply for Police Advisory Board
- Apply for Hispanic and Immigrant Affairs Board
- Apply for Citizen Study Group looking at Council Terms and Voter Engagement
- Apply to serve on a City Board or Commission – current vacancies exist on Environmental Advisory Board and Human Relations Commission
- Sign up to speak up to one hour before a Council meeting starts: https://raleighnc.gov/services/government/petition-address-city-council