Table of Contents
- News you can use
- Take Action
- City Calendar
- Covid-19 info
- See Latest Blogs & Index of All Blog Topics in the Sidebar
News You Can Use
- Visit the Text Change Engagement Portal and provide comments by July 27 on TC-6-20 (Neighborhood Transition Requirements and Senior Housing) and by July 28 on TC-8-20 (Short Term Rentals)
- Please see information below about how you can submit comment before Monday 07/27to the Utility Commission about why Duke Energy should not be granted their request for rate hike on electricity.
- Deadline extended – provide Feedback by July 31 on the first draft of the Stormwater Design Manual
- From Democracy North Carolina: Last week, the State Board of Elections released an emergency order requiring all 100 North Carolina counties to revise their Early Voting plans to include more sites and weekend hours. These new plans must be approved by August 7. Your county board of elections (BOE) will meet soon to approve their new plan. Take these steps to immediately protect good Early Voting options in your county for the 2020 General Election:
#1 — Call your county BOE (or check their website) to find out when they’re meeting to vote on the Early Voting plan and how you can participate in the meeting. If your county is NOT offering a way to safely participate online or by phone, email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know.
#2 — Attend your county BOE meeting and provide public comment that encourages the Board to offer as many Early Voting sites as possible; include weekend voting hours on both Saturdays and Sundays; and get public input to determine where additional sites should be (if the county is required to add additional sites to their plan)
- The meetings listed below appear on the City’s Events Calendar at raleighnc.gov
- Virtual meetings are broadcast live on RTN11, on the City’s website or at the City’s Youtube channel
- To participate in some meetings, you must sign up in advance.
- Check raleighnc.gov for latest calendar updates, agendas, and information on participating in virtual meetings.
Tuesday, July 28
- 11am – Atlantic Avenue Public Art Community Meeting – Virtual, Register
- 7pm – Hillsborough-Wade CAC, join Zoom meeting: Meeting ID: 842 0700 7063, agenda includes
- Update on Hillsborough Street – Jeff Murison
- Stormie Forte – meet and greet
Wednesday, July 29
- 5:30pm – Historical Resources and Museums Advisory Board
- 6pm – Blue Ridge Road Public Art Community Meeting – Virtual, Register
Thursday, July 30
- 12noon – Blue Ridge Road Public Art Community Meeting – Virtual, Register
- 3pm – Stormwater Management Advisory Commission GSI Committee Meeting – Virtual, Register
- 6pm – Atlantic Avenue Public Art Community Meeting – Virtual, Register
Please stay safe and follow official government guidelines during this public health crisis.
Your best sources of reliable information during the COVID-19 public health crisis are official government websites.